HRDRV Terms Of Service
Last Updated: October 22, 2021
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in HRDRV. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) establish the terms and conditions that apply to you when you use the HRDRV Website, along with our related websites, networks, desktop applications, mobile applications. These terms and conditions apply whether you have an active account with us or not.
By using the HRDRV Website or by clicking “I agree” you indicate your acceptance of these terms and your agreement to be bound by these terms, as well as all applicable laws and regulations. You are not permitted to use the HRDRV website if you do not agree to these terms. These terms can be changed, modified, supplemented, or updated by HRDRV Inc. (“HRDRV,” “we, “our,” or “us”) at any time; provided that we will endeavor to provide you with prior notice of any material changes. Your continued use of the HRDRV website after the modification of these terms means that you accept all such changes. Accordingly, you are advised to consult these terms each time you access the HRDRV website in order to view any changes to these terms. These terms were last modified as of the date indicated above.
The “HRDRV Website” is HRDRV’s domain located at http://www.hrdrv.com (“Site”) and our related mobile applications and desktop applications, as each may be updated, relocated, or otherwise modified from time to time, including through networks, embeddable widgets, downloadable software, and tablet computer applications, and all intellectual property contained therein.
The HRDRV Website provides Contractors (or “Service Providers”) with a platform to provide technical and creative support to End Users. Any person who accesses and/or uses the HRDRV Website, whether on his or her own behalf or on behalf of any third party, will be referred to herein as an “End User.”
Your HRDRV account is personal to you and you cannot share discount codes with, or transfer or gift your use of the HRDRV Website to third parties, including other HRDRV participants.
Unless otherwise specified in writing, the HRDRV Website is solely for your personal use and not for resale. HRDRV reserves the right at all times and without notice to: (i) restrict, deactivate, and/or terminate your access to the HRDRV Website (or any portion thereof); and (ii) modify or discontinue providing the HRDRV Website (or any portion thereof).
You agree that HRDRV will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or modification to the Service regardless of the reason for such termination or modification. You acknowledge that your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modification or discontinuation of the Service made by us is to terminate your use of the Site.
In order to become an End User, you must create an account and complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information, as prompted by the applicable registration form.
HRDRV User Terms – All End Users - General.
- HRDRV’s Service is non-exclusive.
- HRDRV does not manage or represent you.
- You may cancel your HRDRV membership at any time.
- HRDRV does not offer refunds on membership payments or services delivered to you.
- You are not required to use our services. They are available for free or discounted rates as a courtesy to you.
- You are not required to distribute your music through HRDRV, unless you use tracks from our Beat Library.
- You are not permitted to list “HRDRV” as your Record Label Name on song(s) not uploaded by us.
- HRDRV has the right not to release music that is poorly mixed/mastered, is slanderous, overly violent or offensive, or does not have quality cover artwork.
- HRDRV’s streaming royalty percentage or subscription rate may be subject to change, however we will not make royalty or subscription rate changes to your account without your permission. If you do not approve of policy changes you may terminate your HRDRV membership.
- HRDRV receives 5% of streaming royalties on all songs or albums you release through us, perpetually, unless you ask us to remove the song(s) or album(s) from stores.
- If you request for us to remove a song or album from stores, we will do so within 48 hours. It takes 2-5 days for song(s) to be removed from stores.
- You are not permitted to use “HRDRV” as the Record Label Name on songs or albums you upload to a music distributor on your own.
- If we discover you have violated any of our terms, we will notify you by email or text message. If we receive no response from you within 5 business days, or no resolution is met, HRDRV has the right to remove your music from stores and/or terminate your HRDRV membership immediately.
- If HRDRV secures any TV/Film or licensing placements for you, HRDRV will receive 50% of all advance fees from said placement. HRDRV does not receive any publishing royalties from placements we secure on your behalf. Placements are discussed with you on a case-by-case basis and are always non-exclusive, unless otherwise noted.
- TV/Film sync placements and other placements are never guaranteed.
HRDRV User Terms - Producer Role, specifically.
- You agree that any instrumental(s) you upload to our Beat Library are your original composition(s) or you have express permission from all collaborators to upload to HRDRV’s Website.
- You are not required to upload instrumentals to our Beat Library.
- You can edit or delete instrumentals at any time.
- HRDRV has the right to remove any instrumentals from our Beat Library that are poorly mixed/mastered or do not meet certain requirements.
- If tracks you’ve uploaded to our Beat Library are placed by HRDRV on Major Label Artists or Independent Artists outside of HRDRV End Users, HRDRV will retain a publishing percentage no greater than 15% on said track. Deals are negotiated with you on a case-by-case basis and are never guaranteed.
- If you sell a beat exclusively outside of HRDRV, you agree to remove it from our Beat Library if it is also on our platform.
- You understand that by uploading instrumentals to our Beat Library, HRDRV has full rights to non-exclusively distribute those instrumentals to End Users, Major Label Artists, Independent Artists, A&Rs, Managers, Companies, Songwriters, etc.
- HRDRV will never sell your tracks on your behalf. If a placement is secured and advance fees are involved, you will always be notified and paid your negotiated fee. If we are unable to reach you, we will accept payments on your behalf and disperse funds to you within 5 business days of re-established contact.
- You understand that we can place and release songs you have produced without your consent if we are unable to reach you. You will always be notified via email if a track is placed with Artists or Companies outside of HRDRV’s End User base. You will always regain your royalty percentages and fees if contact is re-established after a release or placement has occurred.
In order to become a Contractor (or “Service Provider”), you must provide any information required by HRDRV in order to verify your identity, location, credentials, and financial institutions.
Accuracy of Information.
You acknowledge that in the event you provide any information to HRDRV which is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, HRDRV may terminate these Terms and your continued access and use of the HRDRV Website.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the HRDRV Website or, if you are under 18 years of age, that you are at least 13 years of age and have permission to use the HRDRV Website from your parent or guardian who has read and agreed to these Terms on your behalf.
THE HRDRV WEBSITE IS NOT FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13 OR ANY USERS PREVIOUSLY SUSPENDED OR REMOVED FROM THE HRDRV WEBSITE BY HRDRV. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE HRDRV WEBSITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
If you are using the HRDRV Website on behalf of an individual, company, entity, or organization (each, an “Organization”), you represent and warrant that:
- You are an authorized representative of such Organization with the authority to bind such Organization to these Terms,
- Agree to be bound by these Terms on behalf of such Organization, and
- Your Organization meets the eligibility requirements for the HRDRV Website, as set forth in these Terms. Further, you will be solely responsible for ensuring your Organization complies with these Terms.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to provide your email address and select a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to notify HRDRV immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. To notify us, contact us at email@example.com. You are responsible for all use of the HRDRV Website occurring under your account and all content posted on your profile or with your account elsewhere on the HRDRV Website. HRDRV will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by HRDRV or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
You may use the HRDRV Website solely for lawful purposes, as intended through the provided functionality of the HRDRV Website. You may not use the HRDRV Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the HRDRV Website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the HRDRV Website, End User accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you expressly agree that you will not (and you agree not to allow or assist any third party to):
- Use, copy, install, transfer or distribute the HRDRV Website, except as specifically permitted by these Terms;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the HRDRV Website or its Content (as defined below);
- Remove or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the HRDRV Website or in or on any content or other material obtained through the HRDRV Website or the use of the HRDRV Website;
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- Use any robot, spider, screen or database scraper, site search or retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the HRDRV Website;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Reformat, mirror, or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the HRDRV Website;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- Post or transmit any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or any content or information that includes offensive language (e.g., words that are customarily considered “curse words”), nudity, or infringes on our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights,
- Any material, non-public information about individuals or companies without the authorization to do so,
- Any trade secret of any third party, and/or
- Any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us), or engage in spamming or flooding;
- Transmit any software or other materials that contain any virus, worm, time bomb, Trojan horse, or other harmful or disruptive component; use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the HRDRV Website or its contents;
- Harvest or collect information about Contractors or other users without their prior written consent;
- Undertake, cause, permit or authorize the translation, reverse engineering, disassembling or hacking of any aspect of the HRDRV Website, including Content, or attempt to do any of the foregoing, except and solely to the extent permitted by these Terms, the HRDRV Website’s authorized features, or by law, or otherwise attempt to use or access any portion of the HRDRV Website other than as intended by HRDRV
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the HRDRV Website, HRDRV’s (and its hosting company’s) computer systems and infrastructure, or the technical delivery systems of HRDRV’s providers;
- Harass, abuse, harm or advocate or incite harassment, abuse or harm of another person or group, including HRDRV employees, Contractors and other users;
- Create a new account with HRDRV, without HRDRV’s express written consent, if HRDRV previously disabled an account of yours;
- Solicit, or attempt to solicit, personal information from Contractors or other users, except as permitted through the HRDRV Website’s functionality;
- Restrict, discourage or inhibit any person from using the HRDRV Website, disclose personal information about a third person on the HRDRV Website or obtained from the HRDRV Website without the consent of such person, or collect information about users;
- Gain unauthorized access to the HRDRV Website, to Contractors or other users’ accounts, names or personally identifiable information, or to other computers or websites connected or linked to the HRDRV Website;
- Violate any applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or these Terms;
- Use the HRDRV Website for any illegal, inappropriate and/or unauthorized conduct, including without limitation, using the HRDRV Website to contact other HRDRV Users or Contractors for sexual or other inappropriate purposes, or using the HRDRV Website in violation of HRDRV’s or any third party's intellectual property or other proprietary or legal rights; or
- Use or access the HRDRV Website to build a competing service.
- We may take any legal action and implement any technical remedies to prevent the violation of these provisions and to enforce these Terms.
Consent to Electronic Communications.
SMS Text Messages and Push Notifications.
When you register with HRDRV, HRDRV may send you an SMS text message containing a 4-digit code in order to verify your phone number and will send SMS text messages and push notifications (“Messages and Notifications”) in order to keep you informed about the HRDRV Website. By using the HRDRV Website, you agree to receive Messages and Notifications regarding your use of the HRDRV Website. SMS text messages are for informational purposes only. While Messages and Notifications are intended to enhance your use of the HRDRV Website, you may
- Disable push notifications on your device, and/or
- Reply “STOP” to remove yourself from our text message database.
- If you wish to remove yourself from any list please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an "OPT-OUT", "UNSUBSCRIBE", "STOP" or "REMOVE" in the subject line.
- Depending on your current carrier plan, you may incur charges for these Messages and Notifications and you agree to not hold HRDRV liable for any charges incurred. You acknowledge that any terms between you and any third-party provider (such as, for example, Apple®, Android™, or Verizon) create no obligation or responsibility on the part of HRDRV, and that HRDRV is not responsible for any failure of warranty by any such third party.
- HRDRV cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. You acknowledge that, depending on your mobile carrier’s service, it may not be possible to transmit a text message to you successfully. We have no liability for transmission delays or message failures.
Content Submitted to the HRDRV Website.
By sending or transmitting to us information, opinions, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, or other materials (collectively, “Materials”), or by posting such Materials to any area of the HRDRV Website, you grant HRDRV and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Materials in any media now known or hereafter developed to enhance and develop the HRDRV Website, including by marketing and advertising the HRDRV Website, without compensation to you if you are unreachable via email for express permission before posting of such Materials (with at least 5 business days notice from post date); provided that we will never use your name in connection with any of your Materials that we use in our own advertising and marketing materials without obtaining your prior consent. None of the Materials will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Materials. HRDRV may remove or alter any Materials at any time for any reason. We neither endorse nor are responsible for any opinion, advice, information, or statement made or displayed on the HRDRV Website by any user. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages, or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will HRDRV and/or its affiliates, suppliers, or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the HRDRV Website. We cannot and do not take responsibility for the veracity, reliability, or completeness of any opinion, advice, information, or statement available on the HRDRV Website.
The opinions expressed on the HRDRV Website by users reflect solely the opinions of the users who post thereon and do not reflect the opinions of HRDRV. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the HRDRV Website and Materials; to alter or remove any Materials; and to disclose Materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the HRDRV Website properly; to protect ourselves, our sponsors, and our members and visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests. If you believe a message violates our policies, please contact HRDRV immediately at email@example.com so that we can consider its editing or removal.You are solely responsible for your Materials and the consequences of posting them on the HRDRV Website. By posting Materials, you represent, warrant, and covenant that:
- You are the creator and owner of the Materials or otherwise have sufficient rights and authority to grant the rights granted herein;
- Your Materials do not and will not
- Infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right or
- Slander, defame, or libel any other person;
- Your Materials do not contain any viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other harmful or malicious code or
- Unless you have received prior written authorization, your Materials specifically do not contain any confidential information of any third party. We reserve all rights and remedies against any users who breach these representations and warranties.
The HRDRV Website may allow End Users and Contractors to exchange messages (“Messages”) with each other. Sending Messages is a privilege, not a right, and HRDRV may terminate such privileges of any End User or Contractor at any time and for any reason, without any liability to such End User. Harmful, obscene, or offensive communications are not welcome in any Messages. If an End User or Contractor sends you an objectionable Message, please notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should exercise discretion, good sense, and sound judgment when sending a Message. You are solely responsible for the content of any Message you send. You agree that HRDRV may monitor Messages for compliance with these Terms, and therefore, Messages should not be considered confidential or proprietary. You hereby grant us an assignable, sublicensable, irrevocable license to reproduce and transmit your Messages in connection with facilitating transfer to the intended recipient through the HRDRV Website and for such other purposes as HRDRV may deem appropriate in its sole discretion.
Payment Terms and Order Processing.
Access to the HRDRV Website, or to certain features of the HRDRV Website, may require you to pay fees, and may provide you the option to activate recurring automatic payments for those fees. Before you pay any fees, including before activating or updating any recurring payments, you will have an opportunity to review the fees that you will be charged before you accept them. If you activate or update recurring payments through the HRDRV Website, you authorize HRDRV to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation, all accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the accrued sums. You may successfully cancel recurring charges at any time via the functionality of the HRDRV Website. We cannot guarantee that emailing HRDRV directly will successfully cancel your account or stop fees.
All fees are in U.S. Dollars and are non-refundable. HRDRV may change the fees for the HRDRV Website or any feature of the HRDRV Website, including by adding fees, on a going-forward basis at any time. If you do not accept the changes, you may terminate your HRDRV membership and stop use of the HRDRV Site.
You will be required to provide payment information before you commence use of the HRDRV Website. HRDRV will charge the payment method you specify at the time of purchase. You authorize HRDRV to charge all sums as described in these Terms, for the HRDRV membership (or “Subscription”) you select, to that payment method. If you pay any fees with a credit card, HRDRV may seek pre-authorization of your credit card account prior to your purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your purchase. Payment processing services for HRDRV are provided by two third-party payment processors, Stripe and Paypal (collectively, the "Payment Processor").
The Payment Processor uses your credit card to make payments for the HRDRV Website. As a condition of HRDRV enabling payment processing services through the Payment Processor, you agree to provide HRDRV accurate and complete information about you, and you authorize HRDRV to share it and transaction information to the Payment Processor.
HRDRV may provide contests on the HRDRV Website. The rules, regulations, and procedures governing such contests (“Contest Rules”) will be accessible through a hypertext link displayed on the web page where the contest or game may be located. By entering or participating in any of our contests or games, you agree to be subject to those rules, regulations and procedures as well as the terms and conditions of these Terms. In the event of a conflict between any Contest Rules and these Terms, the applicable Contest Rules will govern.
Effect of Termination.
Payments by you, which accrue or are due before termination of your account, will continue to be payable by you, and amounts owed to HRDRV at the time of such termination or expiration will continue to be owed by you, after such expiration or termination.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- The HRDRV Website, including, without limitation, any Content, modifications, enhancements and updates, and any originals and copies thereof, in whole or in part, and all intellectual property rights therein (collectively, “Proprietary Information”), is owned by HRDRV and its licensors, as applicable;
- The Proprietary Information contains valuable copyrighted and proprietary material of HRDRV;
- The Proprietary Information is licensed, rather than sold, to you pursuant to these Terms; and
- you have no rights in the Proprietary Information, other than the rights and licenses specifically granted to you pursuant to these Terms.
You acknowledge that HRDRV has acquired, and is the owner of, trademark rights in the name and word mark "HRDRV"™ and in the other marks and design marks displayed on the HRDRV Website. You acknowledge that this name and these marks are famous and internationally known. You will not, at any time or for any reason, challenge the validity of, or HRDRV’s ownership of, the foregoing name and marks, and you waive any rights you may have at any time to do so. All use of the foregoing name and marks by you will be exclusively to the benefit of HRDRV. All marks shown on the HRDRV Website but not owned by HRDRV are the property of their respective owners.
Claims of Copyright Infringement.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by HRDRV infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the HRDRV Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow HRDRV to locate the material on the HRDRV Website;
- The name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send HRDRV a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see www.copyright.gov for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the HRDRV Website should be sent to 7 W 41st Ave #243, San Mateo, CA 94403. We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Disclaimer of Warranty.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the HRDRV website is provided “as is” with all faults, and the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with you. You acknowledge that, because of the nature of the internet, mobile networks, and the devices which access the internet and/or mobile networks, the HRDRV Website may not be accessible when needed, and that information, data, audio and video transmitted over the internet and/or mobile networks may be subject to interruption or third-party interception and modification. To the fullest extent permitted by law, hrdrv disclaims any and all warranties or conditions, express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment, accuracy of informational content, and absence of viruses and damaging or disabling code. To the fullest extent permitted by law, none of HRDRV, its affiliates or HRDRV Website Providers, HRDRV’s content providers and/or their respective affiliates, subsidiaries nor the employees, agents and/or contractors (collectively, the “HRDRV parties”) warrant the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the hrdrv website. HRDRV cannot and does not assume any responsibility for any loss, damages or liabilities arising from the failure of any telecommunications infrastructure, or the internet or for your misuse of any of the content and information accessed through the HRDRV Website. You expressly agree that your use of the HRDRV Website and your reliance upon any of the respective content is at your sole risk.
You acknowledge that any information you obtain from a Contractor comes from those individuals, and not from HRDRV, and that HRDRV, to the fullest extent permitted by law, is not in any way responsible for any of the information these third parties may supply or for any statements, claims, or representations they may make. To the fullest extent permitted by law, HRDRV disclaims any such statements, claims, or representations and the same do not expand or otherwise modify the terms of these Terms. If you are dissatisfied with the HRDRV Website, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue accessing and using the HRDRV Website.
Limitation of Liability.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, each End User is solely responsible for (i) his or her use of the HRDRV Website, and (ii) any damages incurred by him or her or any third party that arise from or are related to the HRDRV Website. The aggregate liability of the HRDRV parties for any damages, whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise, will be limited to actual damages proved, and not to exceed the amount paid by you to HRDRV for the HRDRV Website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, none of the HRDRV parties will be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential damages, even if HRDRV or its content providers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.to the fullest extent permitted by law, none of the HRDRV parties will have any liability whatsoever for any losses; costs or damages of any kind incurred or suffered by you as a result of HRDRV Website provided by any of contractors accessed through the HRDRV Website.you represent that you have independently investigated the advisability of using the HRDRV Website and the possible risks involved in using the HRDRV Website and engaging Contractors to perform via the HRDRV Website. You agree to maintain your own insurance covering such risks and will look solely to such insurance for reimbursement of any resulting damages.
Third Party Disputes.
HRDRV is not affiliated with any Contractor, other HRDRV user, carrier, HRDRV Website provider, or third party service, and any dispute you have with any Contractor, other HRDRV user, carrier, service provider, third party service or other third party arising from your use of the HRDRV Website, including, without limitation, your employer, is directly between you and such third party, and you irrevocably release HRDRV (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
HRDRV will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation herein if the delay or failure is due to unforeseen events that are beyond HRDRV’s reasonable control, such as strikes, blockade, war, terrorism, riots, natural disasters, epidemic or governmental action, in so far as such an event prevents or delays HRDRV in fulfilling its obligations hereunder.
Indemnification and Release.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify and hold HRDRV, its licensors and each such party's parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys and agents, harmless against any loss or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and lost revenues) arising from:
- Any and all breaches by you of these Terms or any representation, warranty or covenant contained herein;
- Any and all use of the HRDRV Website not specifically authorized hereunder and on the HRDRV Website; and
- Any and all claims and actions against HRDRV by other parties to whom you allow access to the HRDRV Website.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you further waive, release and forever discharge the HRDRV Parties from any and all responsibility or liability for injuries or damages resulting from any service obtained through the use of the HRDRV Website, including injuries or damages caused by the negligent act or omission of the Released Parties or in any way arising out of or connected with the HRDRV Website.
We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. You will not, in any event, settle any claim or matter without our written consent.
Access to Third Party Services.
The HRDRV Website may contain information on products and services provided by third parties, including Contractors, and links (including advertisements) to third party websites (collectively, “Third Party Services”). Third Party Services are provided only as a convenience to HRDRV Users. HRDRV does not review or control Third Party Services, and HRDRV does not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding Third Party Services. Inclusion of any of the foregoing in the HRDRV Website does not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by or with HRDRV with respect to any Third Party Services. HRDRV is under no obligation to maintain any link on the HRDRV Website and may remove a link at any time in its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
Disclaimer of Liability for Third Party Services.
In the interest of resolving disputes between you and HRDRV in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, you and HRDRV agree that any dispute arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or your use of the HRDRV Website will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This agreement to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or in any way related to these Terms or your use of the HRDRV Website, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND HRDRV ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE ACTION. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THESE DISPUTE RESOLUTION TERMS WILL APPLY TO YOU AND HRDRV UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO OPT OUT PURSUANT TO SECTION 17.I BELOW.
Whether to agree to arbitration is an important business decision. It is your decision to make, and you should not rely solely on the information provided in these Terms as it is not intended to contain a complete explanation of the consequences of arbitration. You should take further steps to conduct research and to consult with others, including, but not limited to, an attorney, regarding the consequences of your decision, just as you would when making any other important business or life decision.
Despite the provisions of the Section entitled “Generally” directly above, nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of either party to:
- Bring an individual action in small claims court;
- Bring an action in a court pursuant to the California Private Attorneys General Act of 2004, California Labor Code § 2698 et seq.;
- Seek injunctive relief in a court of law; or
- To file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
Any arbitration between you and HRDRV will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, and governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting HRDRV. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.Notice; Process.
A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written notice of the dispute to the other party by U.S. Mail or electronic mail within the applicable statute of limitations period (“Notice”). HRDRV’s address for Notice is: 11271 Ventura Blvd #165, Studio City, CA 91604. The Notice must:
- Describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and
- Set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). The parties will make good faith efforts to resolve the claim directly, but if the parties do not reach an agreement to do so within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or HRDRV may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or HRDRV must not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any. If the dispute is finally resolved through arbitration in your favor, HRDRV will pay you the highest of the following
- The amount awarded by the arbitrator, if any;
- The last written settlement amount offered by HRDRV in settlement of the dispute prior to the arbitrator’s award; or
If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, HRDRV will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $15,000 or as set forth below, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in Trenton County, New Jersey, but if the claim is for $15,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted:
- Solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator;
- Through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or
- By an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse HRDRV for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
No Class Actions.
YOU AND HRDRV AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING (OTHER THAN ACTIONS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA PRIVATE ATTORNEYS GENERAL ACT OF 2004, CALIFORNIA LABOR CODE § 2698 ET SEQ. WHICH ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS SECTION 17). Further, unless both you and HRDRV agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
Modifications to this Arbitration Provision.
If HRDRV makes any future change to this arbitration provision, other than a change to HRDRV’s address for Notice, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to HRDRV’s address for Notice, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and HRDRV. If you do not send such written notice, your continued use of the HRDRV Website following any such change means that you have consented to such change.
If the Section entitled “No Class Actions” is found to be unenforceable or if the entirety of this Section 17 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 17 will be null and void and, in that case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described directly below will govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms or your use of the HRDRV Website.
Arbitration is not a mandatory condition of these Terms. If you do not want to be subject to this Dispute Resolution provision, you may opt out of this Dispute Resolution provision by notifying HRDRV in writing of your decision by sending, within 30 days of the date you receive these Terms, an electronic message to email@example.com, stating clearly your full name and intent to opt out of the Dispute Resolution provision. Should you choose not to opt out of this Dispute Resolution provision within the 30-day period, you and HRDRV will be bound by the terms of this Dispute Resolution provision. You have the right to consult with counsel of your choice concerning this Dispute Resolution provision. You understand that you will not be subject to retaliation if you exercise your right to opt out of coverage under this Dispute Resolution provision.
Protected Activity Not Prohibited.
You should understand that, insofar as permitted by applicable law, nothing in these Terms will in any way limit or prohibit you from filing a charge or complaint with, or otherwise communicating or cooperating with or participating in any investigation or proceeding (“Protected Activity”) that may be conducted by any federal, state or local government agency or commission (“Government Agencies”). You understand that in connection with such Protected Activity, you are permitted to disclose documents or other information as permitted by law, and without giving notice to, or receiving authorization from, HRDRV. Notwithstanding, in making any such disclosures or communications, you agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use or disclosure of any information that may constitute HRDRV confidential information to any parties other than the Government Agencies.
Governing Law; Choice of Forum.
The laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law rules, govern these Terms and your use of the HRDRV Website. Your use of the HRDRV Website may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws; provided, however, that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to any provision of these Terms. To the extent that any action relating to any dispute hereunder is permitted to be brought in a court of law, such action will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Mateo County, California and you hereby irrevocably submit to personal jurisdiction in such courts, and waive any defense of inconvenient forum.
If you provide any feedback to HRDRV concerning the functionality and performance of the HRDRV Website (including identifying potential errors and improvements), you hereby assign to HRDRV all right, title, and interest in and to such feedback, and HRDRV is free to use such feedback without payment or restriction.
Entire Agreement; Variation.
These Terms set forth the entire agreement between HRDRV and you with respect to the HRDRV Website; provided, however, that
- Contractors will also be required to enter into the Contractor Agreement and
- HRDRV may enter into additional agreements with you. These Terms supersede and govern all previous oral and written communications regarding these matters, all of which are merged into these Terms. No usage of trade or other regular practice or method of dealing between the parties will be used to modify, interpret, supplement, or alter these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provisions will be modified, or if not possible, severed, to reflect the fullest valid, legal and enforceable expression of the intent of the parties and the remainder of these Terms will not be affected thereby.
Relationship of Parties.
Nothing herein will be deemed to create an employer-employee relationship between HRDRV and you, nor any agency, joint venture or partnership relationship between the parties. Neither party will have the right to bind the other to any obligation, nor have the right to incur any liability on behalf of the other.
No delay, omission, or failure to exercise any right or remedy provided herein will be deemed to be a waiver thereof or an acquiescence in the event giving rise to such right or remedy, but every such right or remedy may be exercised, from time to time as may be deemed expedient by the party exercising such remedy or right.
Neither these Terms nor any of the rights granted to you herein may be assigned or transferred by you, whether voluntarily or by operation of law, without the express prior written permission of HRDRV and any attempt to do so will be null and void. However, HRDRV may assign or transfer these Terms at any time without your permission.
The provisions of these Terms relating to the rights of HRDRV content providers are intended for the benefit of such content providers, and such content providers, as third-party beneficiaries, will be entitled to enforce such provisions in accordance with their terms, irrespective of the fact that they are not signatories to these Terms.